Image Credit: www.jubella.com
A ‘Wonderful’ Blog is a personal blog and will continue to be such.† I believe, however, that it is ready to transcend to its next level.
For the past 18 months its being a ‘personal’ blog has meant that it is MY BLOG and MINE ALONE. †Now it is ready to be MY BLOG and can be YOURS, too, without shedding its ‘personal’ characteristics and appeal.
Being a ‘personal’ blog should now simply mean that its contents are written by persons as individual persons (not as some other forms of entities such as clubs, business, and other organizations).
So I am inviting all interested people to be Guest Bloggers to A ‘Wonderful’ Blog.
Q:† Who can be my Guest Bloggers?
A:† Anybody. †Everyone’s invited.
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the following questions, then you are a likely candidate to be a Guest Blogger to A ‘Wonderful’ Blog:
- Are you a blogger like me? †Bloggers usually support each other by contributing to each other’s blogs.† Of course you may include links to your own blog in all the materials you will post on my blog.
- You are not into blogging, but do you have expertise or intimate knowledge on some of the topics I usually write about?You may choose from any of the topics listed below my blog’s title in the header section of my blog.
- Are you planning to start your own blog but has not yet found the time or the conviction to already get started? †You can use A ‘Wonderful’ Blog as your trial site.
Some simple and basic guidelines for Guest Bloggers
- Original materials are of course always preferred.
- Any topic is acceptable, although it is always appreciated if your topic is one that is already associated with A ‘Wonderful’ Blog.
- No rules in writing style, except that it should follow basic rules of grammar and composition (okay, so there’s a rule after all). †I am not a grammarian myself and for sure I do commit a lot of grammar faux pas. †Don’t be too overly concerned.† Let’s learn from each other.
- Non-original or borrowed materials are also okay (e.g. materials from forwarded emails).† But you should always identify your source and always give credit to whom it is due.
- Proper credit should also be given for borrowed photos and images.† If you have grabbed a photo or image from another Website then at the very least include the URL of that site.
- Materials you submitted as a Guest Blogger remain your property.† You may use it wherever and however you wish in the future, including in your own blog.† Conversely, you are solely liable for materials you contribute.† I am accepting only voluntary contributions and am just offering Web space for their publication.† It is assumed that all materials submitted by Guest Bloggers are either their original works or that they have the appropriate rights to use said materials.
- The names of my Guest Bloggers will always be prominently displayed with their respective contributions.
- As the owner of A ‘Wonderful’ Blog I, of course, reserve my editorial prerogative over all materials submitted by Guest Bloggers, including the right to refuse to post any material without having to explain my reasons for my refusal. †If you submit a material and I refuse to post it, rest assured that you will know about it as soon as possible. †I will also return to the sender all materials that I chose not to post on my blog, with my full commitment that I will not use the same materials at any time in the future and in any way.
And that’s it.††You may start sending your contributions, now, Guest Bloggers. :->
Image Credit: www.tulane.edu
I HAVE been blogging for about a year and a half now.† I have not become a professional blogger, if there is such a thing.† I have learned a lot of new stuff about blogging but I can’t and I don’t consider myself to be already an expert on the subject.† I continue to learn new things everyday.† True to the title of my blog, I ‘wonder’ all the time.
I must have changed the “look and feel” of my blog about half a dozen times already.† If this annoys my readers then I apologize.† What I can assure them is that each decision to change that I make is always in pursuit of improvements to my blog.
As you might have noticed, I changed my blog’s look and feel once again.† This new “theme” I have just implemented is so far the closest to how I envisioned my blog to look like from the very start — a magazine format.† It offers a lot of new features and functionalities that were not available in the previous themes that I used.
I know that I cannot please everybody so there may be some who are not thrilled with this new look and feel for A ‘Wonderful’ Blog.† Again, I apologize.† Please bear with me as you always have for about 18 months now.
For those who like this new look and feel, I can assure you that there is more to this new theme that what is immediately apparent.† I am just starting to customize it, hoping to make it look even better and much easier to navigate around.
Like it or not you are invited to give me your comments and feedback.† I can say with some degree of certainty that am neither inclined to change this current theme with a new one nor am I inclined to revert back to a previous theme.† So you might as well help me in improving it.
ALL PH-BASED BLOGGERS and Web content developers should already be pressing the Panic Button by now! But they aren’t. Or at least there is no significant chatter yet on Blogosphere.ph about this matter. To me this lack of attention on the matter only means one thing: the architects and proponents of this sneaky and vile plan are succeeding in pulling the rug under us. Unless we do something about it soon.
I am referring to the ‘rumor’ that the government, through the NTC, is dead set on imposing restrictive controls on practically anything that has to do with posting contents — any content — on the Web! Continue reading
I†CAME ACROSS this news article published by TeamAsia featuring Top Searched Terms of 2008 in the Philippines according to Google. †
The facts presented in the article are very interesting indeed. †Here are some of them:
- Charice Pempenco and Arnel Pineda are the no. 1 and no. 2 fastest rising Pinoy celebrity searches, respectively.††Their You Tube videos literally made them global celebrities.
- Manny Pacquiao took the four slots on the top-10 fastest-rising Google news searches
HERE’S A HODGE-PODGE of figures and statistics from various research and survey groups†about the Internet’s penetration in the Philippines as of end of 2008:
- About 27% of PH population (roughly 24 million) have access to the Internet
- 99% of active Internet users say they watch video clips on the Internet
- a little over 90% read blogs
- 83% are members of social networks
- 86% upload photos to social networking sites
- about 60% have Internet access at home
These are pretty amazing figures. †If these are an accurate measurement of Internet penetration in PH then the implication on business and information dissemination is huge.
These figures are also a big jump upwards from figures I’ve seen early in 2008. †If my memory serves me right the Internet penetration in PH as of first quarter 2008 is just about 16%.
On a personal note, these figures are very encouraging. †At the very least they are an assurance to me that my new found love of blogging is here to stay. †It also sort of validates my decision to go back into the realm of social networking through FaceBook.
A PROUD DAD, I certainly am. †About two years ago, while in between jobs, I created a blog for each of my two kids, Marielle (now 5-1/2) and Johan (now 3-3/4). †I did it on Blogspot/Blogger then. †I just heard about blogging at the time and I created my kids’ blogs to “get my hands dirty” on the then new but already-much-talked-about Internet trend.
For two months I did a lot of blogging experimentations with my kids’ blogs as my guinea pigs. †And then I got preoccupied with other things, including my imminent MBA Comprehensive Exam in UP Diliman and my soon-to-be new employment. My blogging, together with my kids’ blogs, took a back seat — indefinitely.
A year later I renewed my interest on blogging. †This time I decided to more seriously explore both its full potential, including potential business applications that I can utilize for my present employer and benefactor, Delbros, Inc. Continue reading
MY SITE STATS got my attention while I was performing some housekeeping and maintenance works on my blog.
ìNumbers donít lie!î is a well worn out adage these days, thanks to both chambers of the Philippine Congress.† I decided that it is a good time to analyze the statistics in my blog and hopefully get a better understanding of what works and what doesn’t.† At the very least I expect to be entertained by whatever story may emerge behind the numbers.
How do my blog visitors find my blog?† What are they looking for?† What do they find interesting?† These are the questions I hope to find answers to in the numbers.
Analysis takes time, however, so for now Iíll just present the numbers as they add up, lifted directly from WordPress.orgís ShortStat plugin (as of December 15, 2008; 23.00, GMT):
|philips bodega sale, philips grand bodega sale
|punta de uian, punta de uian zambales
|wonderful blog/s, awonderfulblog, a wonderful blog
|philippine pali, philippine highest highway
|eastwood condo for rent, eastwood excelsior
|nso birth certificate, nso birth certificate delivery
|90.7 love radio, papa jack love radio
|where did the term blog come from
|badjao seafront in palawan
|el pirata eastwood
|pico de loro
|free online jukebox