I found a very interesting article comparing the newly announced Windows 7 with Mac’s OSX Snow Leopard. †It is, of course, an inevitable face off, with the Snow Leopard winning the contest as far as the author is concerned. †I am inclined to agree. †But I am not exactly an objective juror so you should not take my word for it. †Read the article and see if you arrive at the same decision.
For all concerned, here’s an excerpt from an advisory from Medical City on how to treat or even prevent Leptospirosis.
- Prevention is the best medicine. †Tell your family members, relatives, acquaintances and friends to avoid being exposed to floodwaters that at all cost. †Not everybody gets sick but once you develop fever, chills, loose stools, red eyes or any combination of these symptoms, consult your doctor right away.
- People exposed to flood waters MUST immediately consult their doctors for prophylaxis. †The prophylaxis medicine is very simple to take, all one needs to do is take the medicine (e.g. Doxixycline) once a week until there is continued exposure to flood waters. The medicine is cheap and readily available. Consult your doctor if this regimen will work for you.
- Patients already showing complications (kidney, liver and lung failure) may already be too late in seeking treatment so it is a MUST to seek medical advice if early symptoms appear for people who are likely to contract the disease (i.e. those exposed to floodwater). †These complications are mostly preventable had these patients been advised properly to take prophylaxis or seek early consultation.
I am not sure about the authenticity of this wired news supposedly from Reuters Tel Aviv but it sure is funny.
Here it is (verbatim, as sent to me):
An Israeli woman’s fight with a stubborn cockroach put her husband in the hospital with burns, a broken pelvis and broken ribs, the Jerusalem Post newspaper reported yesterday. The woman, frightened by the insect when she found it in their living room, stepped on it, threw it in a toilet and sprayed a full can of insecticide on it when it refused to die. Her husband came home from work, went to the toilet and lit a cigarette. When he threw the cigarette butt into the bowl, the insecticide fumes ignited, “seriously burning his sensitive parts,” the Post wrote. When paramedics were called to the home in Tel Aviv, they laughed so hard when they learned what had happened that they dropped the stretcher down the stairs, breaking the unidentified man’s pelvis and ribs.